Clerk's Office

wall_township labelTownship Clerk's Office

Welcome to the Township Clerk's Office. The Township Clerk is a statutory position with many responsibilities. Some of the core duties include: preparing and maintaining all agendas, ordinances, resolutions, and minutes for the Governing Body, attendance of all meetings of the Governing Body, acting as the Administrative Officer for all elections held in the township, issuing certain licenses/permits and as the liaison to the  Governing Body.

Wall Township Committee Members Page

Excited Dog (JPEG)Dog Licensing

As per state statute N.J.S.A 4:19-5.1 et seq. all dogs in the State of New Jersey must be licensed. View our dog licensing brochure (PDF)

According to Wall Township Ordinance, Chapter 65 “the licensing year shall run from January 31 of the year of issuance to January 31 of the following year.”  As such, the rabies vaccination, as per state statute must be valid through October 31, of the current licensing year.

Please note that all renewal applications submitted in person will be processed the following business day.

If your rabies expires before October 31, 2023, you will need to get your dog re-vaccinated or have your veterinarian provide a letter of exemption. Unfortunately, New Jersey State Law does not allow us to make any exceptions. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause and appreciate your anticipated cooperation.

Dog licenses are to be renewed every year by January 31.

 Dog License Application

The fees are $12.00 (twelve dollars) for spayed or neutered dogs and $15.00 (fifteen dollars) for non-spayed/neutered dogs. If payment is received after January 31, there is a late fee of $5.00 (five dollars) per dog. Renewal applications are mailed in December every year.

Dog with Vaccine (JEPG)

2023-2024 MCRHC Fall Rabies Clinic Schedule

Monmouth County Health Department Rabies Clinic Schedule

Monmouth County Rabies Clinics - January 2024

Monmouth County Rabies Clinics - February 2024

Monmouth County Rabies Clinics - March 2024

To report feral animals please contact the Monmouth County SPCA. Please note that the Monmouth County SPCA does not capture or contain cats; they will come to pick up cats that have been previously trapped. For contact information please visit the link to the Monmouth County SPCA website. To report a dead animal on a public street, please contact the Wall Township Department of Public Works at 732-449-2700 extension #5. 

Food Licensing        Licensed                                                                     

The Wall Township Clerk's Office maintains all food licenses.  No person shall operate a retail food establishment without a license from Wall Township. A retail food establishment shall include any fixed, mobile, or temporary operation where food is served, handled, or provided to the public, whether for a charge or not.

Wall Township contracts with the Freehold Board of Health, located at 1 Municipal Plaza, Freehold, NJ 077228.  The telephone number is (732)294-2060.  

Are you a new business in town? Do you intend to sell food? Please review the new retail food establishment annual food license checklist for a step by step guide.
New Retail Food Establishment Annual Food License Vendor Checklist

Link to view the Wall Township's food establishment ordinance in its entirety.