Household Hazardous Waste

The township does not accept the following hazardous materials:
  • Used motor oil
  • Antifreeze
  • Cleaners / solvents
  • Garden chemicals
  • Paint
These materials should be kept in original containers when possible and should not be mixed.

Disposing of Household Hazardous Waste

Hazardous materials can be disposed of at the Monmouth County Hazardous Waste Facility at in Tinton Falls.

Appointments are no longer needed. There may be a short wait, so please be patient. This facility is for residential (household) customers only. No businesses will be accepted. Proof of Monmouth County residency is required, which could be one of the following:
  • Drivers license
  • Tax bill
  • Utility bill

Additional Information

This service is free of charge. Any questions, please call 732-683-8686.

Please remember it is illegal to dump any of these materials in or on the ground, down any drain or in with the regular garbage.

Please note that empty paint cans, with the lids off, can be brought to the Wall Township Recycling Centers.